After three months of development (and twelve beta releases) I am pleased to announce that GradeBook Pro V2.20 has been sent to Apple for review.
This update represents a major change to the underlying code structure of the app to allow for implementing some of the most requested features over the next year. Of course, I couldn’t help sneaking in a few new features as well. Here are the release notes:
- Class Report Generator now available in the Data screen.
- Create PDF reports for class attendance, grades, and rosters.
- Send the reports to Dropbox, Email, iPad Documents Directory, or QuickLook to view or print the reports.
- Class grade reports now include the class average for each assignment.
- Selected class is now indicated by a check mark in the class list.
- Email a student a list of their ungraded assignments.
- Enter negative scores for assignments.
- Student statistics screen now shows grade notes.
- Choose the display order for a student names.
- Consolidated app settings to a settings pane in the Settings app.
- Student report emails can now include attendance and grade notes.
- Progress bars on main view are hidden if no grades have been recorded.
- Progress bar color changed from blue to gray.
- Select student photos without cropping.
- Toolbar animations when deleting data are consistent.
- “Exempt” grades can now be created by entering an ‘e’ in the grade field.
- All PDF and CSV files are opened in a QuickLook Preview window to allow for printing.
- Rounded corners of photos.
- Rounded corners of date pickers.
- Consolidated the attendance, assignment, roster, category, and class manager to the “Manage” menu button on the bottom toolbar of the main view.
- Moved the “Action” menu button to the bottom toolbar of the main view.
- Sort order settings for student rosters and assignments are now universal and set in the iOS Settings app.
- Scrolling on grade entry view improved.
- New icon!
- App sometimes crashes when opening reports in an external editor.
- Class, student, assignment, and attendance notes are now properly retained.
- Daily attendance report now respects the roster sort selected in the iOS Settings app.